Selling a boat is easier than you can imagine; patience and a little of common sense are the things that you’ll need to avoid mistakes and make the sale successful. In this article you’ll learn the main steps to make the process of selling fast and simple.
Follow this and you will reach the objective.
1. You have decided to sell your boat, now you need to know if you want to contract a broker to do the business or do it by yourself. Free time, selling skills and knowledge about boats are important factors to choose the best option.
2. Valuing our boat and determining a realistic price is possibly one of the most difficult steps but at the same time one of the most important when you want to sell. You’ll need to analyze market prices, age, accessories and maintenance plan as well as the location, after this, you could put the correct price.
3. If we talk about second-hand vessels, the best isfixing the imperfections and preparing it as well as you can, everything should work in the right way. Most of the time, potential buyers prefer not to do repairs. Having a folder with all documents relating to the ship is another essential to gain the confidence of the buyer condition. It is important to organize legal documentation and receipts for the repairs, maintenance and facilities we have made.
4. Announcing the boat onsocial media, websites specialized, newspaper are the most effective ways to sell your boat and make easier to reach the appropriate public and find a buyer.
5. Inspection and navigation tests surely will be something that your potential buyer will want to do before making the deal. You have to choose a safe place to sail, to protect your life and the ship. Nevertheless, the buyer will hire an inspector for the ship to check the condition of the boat and that everything runs smoothly.
Depending on the kind of selling that you want to do, it will add some steps but including all these which are basic.
“I don’t want to be an anchored ship on a stormy sea” Miguel Abuelo